Young African leaders return to their countries and positions confident and fully equipped for the responsibilities of leadership in both the African and global arenas. They emerge from AFLI programmes with:
- A self-formed view of leadership principles and values.
- A better understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses.
- A finely tuned moral compass.
- The importance of having a mentor.
- A commitment to leading change and development on the continent.
- A deep understanding of the complexities and demands in being a leader.
- A fuller appreciation of the regional and global forces that will influence the decisions and behaviours of future leaders in Africa (through Scenario Planning exercises).
- Practical experience and feedback from working as part of a team of high calibre individuals